A jewelry collection often includes many pieces of great worth, some even with unrealized value. While some collections are intricately detailed, having a number of styles, precious stones, and metals, others come from a specific era or focus on a particular design. In any case, when it comes time to selling your personal jewelry collection, you want to ensure that you are getting the highest price. The best way to accomplish this, is to take advantage of the auctions hosted by GWS Auctions, Inc, led by Brigitte Kruse. With that in mind, we at GWS Auctions would like to take the opportunity to discuss selling your jewelry at auction.
Competitive Advantage of Auction Sales
Precious stones and metals are often included in crafting jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, watches, earrings, pins, cufflinks, and so on. Selling your jewelry at an auction helps avoid the dreaded haggling from less serious buyers. Auctions have a competitive advantage. Specialists at GWS Auctions tactfully and aggressively advertise and market your collection to draw in potential buyers worldwide. There are a few things you should know before setting off on your quest, however.
Tips for Selling Jewelry Collection at Auction
1) Minimum asking bid. The first step is to know the worth of your item or collection. Getting your jewelry a fair market value appraisal, first, is the best way to start. Brigitte Kruse of GWS Auctions is a respected appraiser, specializing in various aspects, including jewelry. As a trained appraiser, Brigitte Kruse reviews the following to find a fair market value for your jewelry:
A) Quality of the gemstones and metals.
B) Availability on current market. (How common or rare the pieces are)
C) Current popularity of the gemstones, metals, and overall design.
There are a number of other factors that determine the fair market value. The value of jewelry changes over time. Even if your piece was appraised a few years ago, it doesn’t necessarily hold the same value today.
2) After the Appraisal. Once you have the fair market value established, you can get the auction underway with GWS Auctions. Not only do we hold live auctions, but also online auctions that attract more bidders and maximize your potential return. Being that we specialize in jewelry, among other fine selections, we have the experience and expertise to excite buyers by emphasizing noteworthy features that appeal to a broader audience.
Benefits of Selling Jewelry Collections at Auction
The possibilities are endless when you chose to sell your jewelry at an auction. Not only will you benefit from earning maximum value, but also the following:
– Buyers are ready to buy. You do not have to deal will flakey shoppers.
– After contracting GWS Auctions as your chosen auction house, you sit back and let us do the work of selling your jewelry collection.
– Competitive bidding increases total price instead of bartering with people trying to talk you down.
– Your jewelry will rapidly sell and you know when and how.